|Department/Division||Technical Service Department|
|Reporting To||Technical Service Manager|
|Coordinates with||Operations Department Logistics and Admin Department|
Responsible for serving customers/clients by installing, repairing and servicing rental equipment/machine (e.g. generator sets, load banks, light towers, air compressors, etc.,)
- Attend breakdowns, identify fault and problem solve, with minimal downtime to production
- Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of rental equipment.
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment
- Plan and prioritize workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time
- Ensure all personal protective equipment is identified, always available, correctly used and all associated problems are reported to management
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Actively utilized continuous improvement methodology to progress the repair and maintenance function
- Train and mentor apprentices and less experienced technicians
- Provide leadership and assistance to less experienced technicians and apprentices
- Provide a communication point for the team and provide a proactive feedback process between the technicians and management
- Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system.
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
- Maintain/ repair/ overhaul equipment –diesels, hydraulic, pneumatic power / pressure and shop equipment.
- Document all maintenance/ repair and overhaul works. Generate and implement an equipment maintenance schedule to cover all major machinery and equipment.
- Keep and maintain Operations/Repair/Parts List Manuals and records of all rental machinery and equipment.
- Generate Work Orders for the regular inspections of all rental equipment and machinery. Keep and maintain hardcopy files of all TRS equipment inspection reports, Work Orders, MR’s, maintenance checklists etc.
- Generate material receipt (MR’s) for spare parts purchase as necessary. Inspect and document all incoming and outgoing inter-company parts when received and prior to shipment, maintain Spare parts stocks inventory and records.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Graduate of 2 years Technical -Vocational Course (Mechanical) or Graduate of Mechanical Engineering Course
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Good oral and written communication skills provide leadership to effectively resolve issues.
- Work effectively under stress
- Maintain Confidentiality